The Data Lab is delighted to announce our Machine Learning for SMEs workshop with Streamba Ltd, Birdi Ltd, Pulsion Technology Ltd, ThinkAnalytics Ltd and Aggreko plc hosted by the University of Strathclyde's Department of Computer & Information Sciences at the Technology and Innovation Centre as part of the DataFest18 Fringe Event Programme.
Machine Learning is changing the way services are designed and business are built. The most successful companies of the century owe much of their success to people who know how to use machine learning to extract value from data. But what about start-ups and small to medium enterprises (SMEs)? How can the potential of machine learning be realised with limited resources, whether that means money, skills or time?
The Glasgow Data Lab Hub event - part of the Scottish Innovation’s Centre week-long festival of data innovation, DataFest18 - will seek to demystify and explain the business impact linked to the application of Machine Learning and also offer attendees a chance to understand how Machine Learning approaches are being utilised by a number of companies to drive internal data science innovation and build new intelligence into customer products and services.
The event’s target audience is Scottish-based SMEs (and public sector organisations) with an interest in Machine Learning, how it is being used by Scottish companies and the benefits achieved. In an afternoon session, the event will also aim to provide attendees with an overview of some of the tools available from a number of providers of cloud-based Machine Learning platforms.
- 9.00am: Registration & Arrival Tea/Coffee
- 9.30am: Introduction from The Data Lab’s Darran Gardner
- 9.35am: Andrew McMahon, Head of Data Science and Machine Learning at Streamba Ltd https://www.streamba.net
- 10.05am - Corentin Guilio, CEO of Birdi Ltd https://www.hibirdi.com
- 10.35am Coffee Break
- 10.55am: John McGuire, Founder of Pulsion Technology Ltd https://www.pulsion.co.uk
- 11.25am: Peter Docherty, CTO of ThinkAnalytics Ltd https://thinkanalytics.com
- 11.55am: Tony MacDonald, Analytics Director at Aggreko plc https://www.aggreko.com
- 12.30pm: Lunch
- 1.15pm: Machine Learning Platform Demonstrations: An Introduction by William Wallace, Knowledge Exchange Fellow at University of Strathclyde, Computer & Information Sciences Department
- 1.30pm: Machine Learning platform demonstrations. Final details to be confirmed.
- 3.30pm: Conclusion