Full Lineup of Speakers Announced for the Inaugural DataTech
Eleven data analysts, developers, engineers and scientists across public sector, academia and industry will speak at the inaugural DataTechevent at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh on the 14thMarch. After responding to a call for proposals, the speakers have been selected to join three keynote speakers, Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel, Jared Lander and Debbie Bard.
Data Tech is a new Technical Day event, part of DataFest19, bringing together technical communities, practitioners and academics alike, who work on similar challenges across different sectors. DataTech will provide a platform to learn from one another and forge new collaborations.
The speakers will cover a range of topics from supercomputing, to deep learning, to tools for data visualisation. Stochastic Solutions CEO Nick Radcliffe will discuss the science of bad data and test-driven data analysis, whereas Piers Campbell, Data Science Lead at Kainos, will talk about a collaboration with the DVSA to improve road safety using Machine Learning.
Dr Caterina Constantinescu, data scientist at The Data Lab and Chair of DataTech’s organising committee said: “We’re thrilled to have these 11 talented researchers and data scientists join our first-ever DataTech event. This event was a direct response to feedback from prior years of DataFest. It’s great to facilitate an event where Scotland’s data community can share new methods, best practices and practical applications. The interest and number of submissions that DataTech has generated exceeded our expectations and is testament to Scotland’s rise as a global centre of data.”
Alongside another 8 poster presenters, the 11 speakers who have been announced for DataTech19 are:
· Nick Radcliffe, CEO, Stochastic Solutions Limited; Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh; Organizer, PyData Edinburgh
· Ben Moews, Postgraduate Student, Institute for Astronomy, University of Edinburgh
· Valentin Radu, Research Associate, University of Edinburgh, School of Informatics
· Boris Mitrovic, Lead Data Scientist, Mudano
· Benjamin Bach, Lecturer for Design Informatics and Visualization, University of Edinburgh
· Euan Gardner, Senior Information Development Manager, NHS National Services Scotland
· Piers Campbell, Data Science Lead, Kainos
· Alex Gibberd, Lecturer in Statistics, Lancaster University
· Matthew Collison, Teaching Fellow, School of Computing, Newcastle University
· Nick Brown, Data architect, EPCC
· Anastasia Ushakova, Teaching Fellow (Postdoc Tutor), University of Edinburgh
Standard ticket prices end on Friday 1st March, so make sure you book your tickets now.